SAFETY IN ACTION trainers can provide instruction to parents and caregivers on how to recognize and respond to a suspicion, discovery, or disclosure of child abuse. This program can accompany the STOP, GO, AND TELL program and teach parents and caregivers how to reinforce personal safety lessons at home.
THROUGH INFORMATIONAL HANDOUTS OR A LIVE PRESENTATION WITH VIDEO ELEMENTS, SAFETY IN ACTION TRAINERS CAN PROVIDE:
– A modified version of the Awareness Training.
– An overview of the STOP, GO, AND TELL program.
– Information on normal versus problematic sexual behaviors in children
– Recommendations for educating children about body safety
– Best practices to implement in the home when it comes to child abuse safety and prevention
– Internet safety recommendations
– Recommendations for evaluating child-serving organizations and alternate caregivers
The opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this publication/program/exhibition are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Department of Justice or grant-making component. This project was supported by Award No. 2018-VOCA-Mary Abbott Children's House-244 awarded by the Office for Victims of Crime, Department of Justice. Safety in Action is a research informed program. A list of references is available upon request by contacting us.Mary Abbott Children's House: 231 East Symmes, Norman, OK 73069 Ph: 405-579-5800